Team Zambia: Last Day of Teaching π
Hello Everyone!
Alexus here! This trip has been eye-opening in so many ways that I could not even begin to describe it... But I'll still try!
Colossians 3:14 ESV: "And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony."
The love that God has given each of us to share with one another has brought perfect peace. Our team has been moving in harmony, and I am completely blessed to be a part of it. Praise the God of the universe! And thank you for all your prayers back home and here in Zambia.
We taught at three different schools and loved every second of it. Each school has been unique and different. Either we are updating our lessons, the children are even more excited to hear and learn about God, or the little guy or girl in the front had a long day and needed a nap! Teaching the children, singing with the congregations, and working alongside fellow believers has been the most fulfilling work I've ever done.
I wanted to share one of my prayers from early on in this trip that I think fits the entire trip.
Dear Heavenly Father,
Thank You for another night of rest. Thank You for keeping all of us together and healthy while we're on this trip. Please be with each of us as we preach and teach Your Word today. Please allow us to reflect You today and Your love that You show to us and all sinners. Please forgive me for my sin and everyone else for theirs as well. Thank You for not only allowing us to teach others, but also to learn from one another, strengthen our faith, and rest in knowing You are the way, the truth, and the life. Thank You for Your unconditional and undeserved love. Amen.
Lydia's list of hats has also inspired me to write a few (of many!) things I admire about our team.
Todd is our fearless leader, after Jesus, of course. Not only is he Lydia and Josh's dad, but he also looks after the whole team like we're all his kids. I admire his humor and patience as we figure out our lessons and daily tasks.
Josh can be very quiet, and I admire how he is able to relax and go with the flow in any situation, even when a baboon steals his protein bar!! He also does a great job altering his lessons based on the responses of the children and where we are teaching.
Andrew's energy and props while teaching make for a great end to our four lessons. The children are especially interested when he stomps on a 10 Kwacha note as a way to show that even when we are dirty with sin, God still says we are His children.
Lydia's kindness and tenderness in the way she teaches are unlike any others. She is an Army soldier but truly has a good and kind heart for all people. I'm blessed by our friendship. She has pushed me to be better on this trip in many ways, and I respect and admire that about her.
Here is a small glimpse at our team and how they have each impacted me personally. I'm beyond grateful that God has given me, and our team, a journey of a lifetime. ❤️
Isaiah 55:8-9 ESV
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."
I couldn't even imagine this great blessing for myself. Thank You, God!
Comments
Post a Comment